Saturday, March 17, 2012

San Diego Trip: Michael, Marcus, Myself and Xplode Fight Series.

     We're less than a week away, but my cousin Michael and I will be headed south to San Diego for a bit of a family get-together.  Of course we will be doing it MMA style.  Well more like my brother Marcus will be the one mixing it up and Michael and I will be there to watch it with the rest of our Aven family in San Diego.
     MMA?  Mixed Martial Arts and yes, I said that right, my younger brother Marcus Aven is an MMA fighter and this is his first professional fight.  I will not even pretend to know why Marcus chooses to do this and what it is all about.  I do know this.  Marcus has been going toe-to-toe with several fighters over the last several years with Epic Fighting and that he has finally earned the right to go to the next level.
     He will be fighting in the Xplode Fight Series and like I said before, this is his first ever professional match.  After speaking with Marc, he is pumped to be in this Featherweight matchup against his opponent Squire Redfern.  I know little about Redfern, but I do intend to find out more as this week goes along.  As for Marc, where do I start.
     Marc is one of my four brothers (and two sisters) and he has always been massive bundle of energy, which makes his entry into the MMA world make so much sense.  This is the same kid who will jump off the roof of a house on a mountain bike and stick it.  This is the same kid who will slide across the carpeted floor on his knees over my baseball cards and thinks he is a riot.  This is the same kid, who can hit mountain bike single trail for the first time and ride it like he owned it.  That was an impressive feat, except his roommate at the time out did him by riding a mountain bike for the first time that day, in slippers and just slayed that trail too (yes, I said slippers).
     Marc, is a gentle soul outside of the ring, but when it comes to sports, he is focused on the task at hand.  Whether it is a mountain biking or fighting, he knows what his goals are and he knows how to achieve them.  He has the desire, the will and the fire that burns deep within oneself when it comes to making it happen.  Will he win this matchup, I don't know, but I'll bet on him any day of the week.  Has he been knocked down?  Yup, but he always ends up on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment